Tuesday 4 March 2008

Something Random

Psalm 62:5-7
My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.

. . . In the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

My life is pretty boring right now. Kind of stuck without any schoolwork to do. Sounds exciting, eh?

Is there a hymn or a specific verse of a hymn that makes joy rise within you or bring tears to your eyes? I have several of those but I'm only going to share one right now.

And Can It Be? (verse 3)
Charles Wesley

Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's night.
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray:
I woke- the dungeon flamed with light!
My chains fell off, my heart was free,
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee.

Amazing love! how can it be.
That Thou my God, shouldst die for me!

So time for you all to share so drop me a comment. Please note the hymn title, author, and verse number.

Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Margaret! This is hard! :)

    I like the hymns Because He Lives, It is Well, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, Glory to His name, and all the rest! I love hymns! :D

    I get emotional when it comes to songs... I just love music!

    I love the first verse of It Is Well, by Horatio G. Spafford.

    Vs. 1
    When peace like a river attendeth my way,
    When sorrows like sea billows roll,
    Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
    "It is well, it is well with my soul."

    And the 4th verse, too:
    And, Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
    The clouds be rolled back as a scroll,
    The trump shall resound and the Lord shall descend.
    Even so - it is well with my soul.

    But I think I love every hymn in the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, And Can It Be is an amazing song! And the verse you mentioned is wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few months ago, we had a hymn sing-a-long at church. It lasted for about an hour. We sang hymn after hymn and I cried through 1/2 of them.

    How Great Thou Art is one of my favorites. I have memories of hearing my Dad belt it out in the kitchen while making our Sunday morning breakfast before church.

    Vs. 3
    And when I think that God, His son not sparing, sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in - That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing, He bled and died to take away my sin!

    Vs. 4
    When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation and take me home, what joy shall fill my heart! Then I shall bow in humble adoration and there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!

    Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee; How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

    Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee; How great Thou art, how great Thou art!

    ReplyDelete