Wednesday 12 March 2008

A Child's Love

On a hill far away
where a wooden cross stood,
A child was kneeling,
praying hard as he could.

His hands pointed northward,
folded ever so tightly,
His mind clear and focused
on the Lord God Almighty.

His prayer today
was for those he loves dearly.
His father, his mother,
and his baby bro' Billy.

Take care of our needs, Lord,
though I know that you will.
Bless daddy, and mommy, and
my baby bro' Bill.

Watch over our house
and keep us from Sin,
Come enter Lord Jesus.
Come Enter.
Come In.

Copyright (c) July 7, 2000
Joe Medrek

I apologize in advance if I don't get to posting for awhile. It's a really busy week. God bless you all!

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet poem! If only we could have child-like faith....sometimes we make things so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a mother of 5, this poem touched my heart. My latest post is about Easy Evangelism Ideas for Easter. I thought that you might be interested. I think that Easter and Christmas are wonderful times to witness for Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet poem! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete