Wednesday 26 March 2008

I Asked God

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve.
I was made weak, that I might learn to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things.
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy.
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for — but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all people, most richly blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Very Good! You don't get every thing you want but most things you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very true - what a blessing. We are, of all people, most richly blessed! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true!

    Before You Meet Prince Charming is an amazing book! I would recommend it for any single girl...I think you would really enjoy it! I'm not finished with it yet, but I'm getting close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that poem! We so often ask for what we think we need, and God gives us what we really need. He knows what is best and that is what he gives us when we pray.

    Do you know the source of this poem?

    ReplyDelete