Monday 4 February 2008

The LORD Tries the Righteous

I was reading today in the book of Psalms and I came across an interesting verse:

Psalm 11:5
The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Genesis 22:1
And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said to him, Abraham: and he said, Behold here I am.

So if any of you by any chance don't know, this is where God asks Abraham (a righteous man) to offer Isaac. So, here's my question: How do you look at trials? I talk about this quite often. "The LORD trieth the righteous." That is absolutely wonderful. Remember that the next time you come to a storm.

There are no crown-wearers in heaven who were not cross-bearers here below. Charles Haddon Spurgeon


"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors."
Author Unknown


Psalm 12:6
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about my post. I meant to put the word "never" but I must have been thinking too fast and getting ahead of myself. sorry for the misunderstanding. because He makes no mistakes.

    Melodie

    ReplyDelete