Thursday 14 February 2008

Okay, Here It Is

Here's what you've all been waiting for. For those of you who didn't know about this, don't skip over the next poem because of the title. It's not your regular mushy gushy Valentine's Day poem.

Be Mine

"Be Mine" the words said
Written in the most beautiful shade of red.
Never before had her eyes beheld
Nor, in the depths of her heart, had she felt
This kind of feeling before.
She wanted to know more.
She read on quickly with excitement
And in amazement her soul leapt
As the words made it all so clear,
The very thing she needed to hear.
"I love you more than life,
My Dear, and in My love there is no fear.
You see, it was for this Holy love
That I gave My life and shed My blood.
I've given freely, to you, this treasure,
This gift which is beyond measure."
Could it be true, her eyes opened wide.
For it was at that moment she realized
The emptiness she had felt inside
Would now be wholly, completely satisfied
With this love, offered without cost.
It was true. She had been lost.
"There is only one thing I must ask of you."
"What is it?" she asked. "Anything I will do."
"Be mine and only mine, you must give me your life,
It's kind of like becoming my wife.
You'll be my bride and I will come back for you.
And I want you to be ready in all that you do."
Her answer was "Yes" and in those words,
The angels singing in heaven could be heard.
"Be Mine" the words said with sacrificial love
Written and sealed in her Savior's blood.

8 comments:

  1. I loved that poem!!! So good, thanks for sharing.
    You have a pretty name by the way. My middle name and my mom's first name. :) Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    Come visit my blog if you want... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margaret -

    Beautiful poem! That is so neat how it all came together! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and so appreciated! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, We really enjoied your peom. It gave us goosebumps!!
    The Millers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem with a beautiful message. Writing poetry about Jesus is a great way to Worship Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret, that's wonderful! Did you write it?

    Came here from the Rebelution...lovely blog!

    -Holly

    ReplyDelete