Wednesday 6 February 2008

I Will Love Thee

Psalm 18:1-3
I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

I have much to praise the Lord for. Yesterday, I made my G1s. I only got one question wrong, so now I can officially drive. Today my sister stayed home to take Brendan to the doctor's so I had the day off. So I had the great opportunity of making buns for the first time. They turned out really good.

Psalm 18:25-32,35
With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful; with the upright thou wilt shew thyself upright;
With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; with the froward thou wilt shew thyself froward.
For thou wilt save the afflicted people; but wilt bring down high looks.
For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by thee have I run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall.
As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.
For who is God save the LORD, or who is a rock save our God?
It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect.
Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

This week I was offered another babysitting job for this summer. It wasn't exactly what I had expected and I don't all the details yet, but I'm starting to feel that God wants me to do it. I was really hoping that after I was done babysitting now, I could do something different, but God knows best and I want to do His will.

Psalm 18:46
The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Now, since I'm supposed to be writing an essay right now, I have to go. God bless you and be with you all.

3 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that you made your G1's!!!!!! Karen made hers yesterday (Wednesday). God has ways of teaching us important lessons through the "not-so-ideal" locations or vocations. But He is Faithful and Worthy of all our Love and Praise. Homemaking is fun. At this last ladies breakfast they shared on bread making. one woman did it to get out of depression. another on did it when her husband got into an accident and she couldn't go to him so she baked bread and prayed. another newly wed moved far from home so to make their apartment more homey she made bread every weekend and as it turned out the people in the apartment building smelt it and started being extra polite to them, so this couple started inviting each person for dinner and sending a home made loaf of bread home with them. well I could go on and on but I won't right now.

    Blessings to you as you seek the Lord.

    ~Melodie~

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on your G1! I remember how excited I was when I got mine!
    Wondering... Do you know my sister Maria Thiessen? She comes to church too. Tall, long brown hair.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria's friend Helen Klassen works with one of your sisters I think. I have quite a few sisters that come to church there but I guess they don't know very many people there.

    ReplyDelete