Thursday 19 January 2012

You Can't Quit!

I'm stopping in to say good-bye to my readers for a short time.  I'll be traveling to Europe in a few days, so my blog may suffer neglect for a couple weeks again.  But first I'll let you know what's been going on in my life recently.

I'm doing hard things.  It seems almost like I haven't been a rebelutionary until this year, now that I'm no longer a teen.  The last few weeks have stretched me to what I think is the max, and the road won't be getting easier any time soon.  I'm going through a big life change at the time, and there have been a number of other things also coming up to make it more difficult.

But even in this time, I have been learning.  Here's a brief list of some of the things that learned in the last few weeks.  As the Lord gives me grace to keep moving forward, perhaps I may expound on them in the future.
  • Winners don't quit.  Quitters don't win.
  • Sometimes the most effective sermon/motivational talk in your life is the one God gives you and you preach to yourself.
  • Giving up may seem easier now, but it will only lower your confidence and make it harder next time.
  • God's promises don't expire.
  • In order to encourage/inspire others, you must be an overcomer and face the challenges in your life.  You must be willing to fight.
  • God's grace is sufficient for each day.  In hard times, He gives just enough strength for the next small step.
This road ahead of me right now is not easy and to be honest, I'm afraid.  But at the moment, my only reasonable option seems to be to trust God and persevere.  Even in difficulty, I can say He has been faithful thus far and He promises to lead me the rest of the way.

The first words of the following song describe how I feel at this point.  But I know I'm not alone.  My desire for this time is that it would bring me closer to God, that I would run to and hide in Him, and encourage others to strive after greater things.

1 comment:

  1. There have been times in this process that we have wondered whether or not God wants you to take this road. We don't always know. Do we? This statement clarified it for me....

    "But at the moment, my only reasonable option seems to be to trust God and persevere."

    ReplyDelete