I'm doing hard things. It seems almost like I haven't been a rebelutionary until this year, now that I'm no longer a teen. The last few weeks have stretched me to what I think is the max, and the road won't be getting easier any time soon. I'm going through a big life change at the time, and there have been a number of other things also coming up to make it more difficult.
But even in this time, I have been learning. Here's a brief list of some of the things that learned in the last few weeks. As the Lord gives me grace to keep moving forward, perhaps I may expound on them in the future.
- Winners don't quit. Quitters don't win.
- Sometimes the most effective sermon/motivational talk in your life is the one God gives you and you preach to yourself.
- Giving up may seem easier now, but it will only lower your confidence and make it harder next time.
- God's promises don't expire.
- In order to encourage/inspire others, you must be an overcomer and face the challenges in your life. You must be willing to fight.
- God's grace is sufficient for each day. In hard times, He gives just enough strength for the next small step.
The first words of the following song describe how I feel at this point. But I know I'm not alone. My desire for this time is that it would bring me closer to God, that I would run to and hide in Him, and encourage others to strive after greater things.