Saturday 14 January 2012

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

In The Final Summit, a sequel to The Traveler's Gift, traveler David Ponder has become a successful man by implementing the Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success.  Now he has been chosen by the archangel Gabriel to be the leader of a summit to prevent the final destruction of the world.  Together, the travelers must determine what humanity needs to do in order "to restore itself to the path toward successful civilization."

The Final Summit provided a lot of information about historical figures, both well-known and little-known.  The character of Winston Churchill often lightened the tense mood with his humourous personality.  The conclusion the characters came to was simple, but if applied, the ending principle could perhaps have a significant effect on the reader's life.

This story had some good insights, but they weren't profound.  I didn't glean as much from it as I did from The Traveler's Gift.  I felt the pacing was slow at times and the author took a long time to get to the point of the story, which he could have expanded on a little more.  I had to push myself at times to get to the end.  The story was good, but it wasn't life-changing for me personally.  Overall, I was a little disappointed.  The Traveler's Gift  should be read first, and was in my opinion a better read.

I was provided with a complimentary copy of this book through Booksneeze.  I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment