Wednesday 7 May 2008

Fellow Blog Readers

Hello again to my fellow blog readers whoever you all are. My week has been busy. My mom and I made a skirt for me this week and after working on it for three days, we've just a little bit to finish. We had to readjust the pattern a couple of times to get the right fit (good thing we had lots of fabric) and hemmed it twice. I learned many things about sewing and one major unrelated thing. Even when I really don't think so, Mom really is a whole lot smarter than I think. We made the skirt really long and my mom kept saying that we would have to take a few inches off the bottom. But of course I didn't believe her and insisted that by the time we did this and that and hemmed it, it would be perfect. But sure enough, by the time we thought we were finished, it still dragged on the floor (even with shoes on). May I add that my mom hadn't liked hemming it all and now she had to cut a couple of inches off the bottom and do it again. For modesty purposes, we sewed a slip right into, so now we pretty well just have to shorten that by a few inches.

Lord willing, I'm starting Drivers Ed next week with a couple of friends. I don't have all the money together yet but I trust that God will provide. Hey, there's something you folks can all pray about. There'll be three or four of us Christians there so we could really have an impact, being salt and light.

Thank you guys all so much and God bless! And remember, chances are Mom really does know more than you do!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Post, Margaret! I also struggle following what my mother or father says becuase I think that I know more than they, or that they don't know what their talking about. And I find that about 99.9% of the time they are right!

    -Kole

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you get the rating thing on the bottom of you post? That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is great that you sewed a skirt with your mom, Margaret! Is this your first project?

    In your relationship with your mom, I encourage you to submit to her desires, even if you believe that you know better or that she is in error. As daughters, children of our parents, God has commanded us to "Honor your father and mother (which is the first commandment with a promise), so that it may be well with you . . ." (Ephesians 6:2-3a)

    Honoring and submitting to our parents is not always easy (as I know from personal experience!), but it is necessary.

    And again, congratulations on sewing your skirt! :)

    Sarah

    BTW - I hope that Driver's ED goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete