Friday 11 January 2008

Time For Another Post

Wow, this week has just flown by. It just feels like yesterday that I last posted but I figured it was probably a good idea to drop by. When I'm not babysitting or when Brendan's sleeping, I try to get in every minute of schoolwork that I can. So there's my excuse ahead of time if you don't hear from me for awhile. Pray that I would have a positive attitude towards this, even though it isn't always fun and that I would continue to work diligently. Also that I would never cut my quiet time short because of what I all have to do in a day. It reminds me of a poem that I read awhile back:

Time To Pray

I got up early one morning

and rushed right into the day;
I had so much to accomplish
that I didn't have time to pray.

Problems just tumbled about me
and heavier came each task;
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered
He said, "But you didn't ask."

I wanted to see joy and beauty
but the day toiled on, gray and bleak;
I wondered why God didn't show me.
He said,"But you didn't seek"

I tried to come into God's presence;
I used all the keys at the lock.
God Gently and lovingly chided
"My child, you didn't knock."

I woke up early this morning
And paused before entering the day.
I had so mush to accomplish
That I had to take time to Pray.

Author Unknown

May our every day start with God, no matter how much we have to do.

1 comment:

  1. For several years that poem, neatly framed, was hung prominently on the wall in my aunt and uncle's house, so it holds fond memories for me. I love the poem in and of itself, but I tend to connect it with the memories.

    ReplyDelete