Monday 1 March 2010

Stand for Truth

The last few weeks have caused me to do a lot of thinking and a lot of praying about my life. I'm experiencing the Lord's cleansing in my life, and although it's a painful process, I know it's one that will result in growth. It has also caused me to look forward and pray that the Lord would give me a work to do, to have a meaningful life, that I would be able to make a difference with my life.

Yesterday, I heard yet again, a much needed message in my church. It showed me once again how far morality in our society has fallen. It's being overrun by the idea of "moral relativism" that says there is no absolute truth, nothing is black and white but rather gray, there's no real right or wrong, and people have to be tolerant of everything. It seeks to destroy all standards and the scary part is, the church is largely be sucked in by this deception.

We once lived in a society where leaders had a faith in God and upheld good moral principles. We once lived in a society that respected the sanctity of marriage and life. We once lived in a society where love was a choice and an action, not merely an emotion. We once lived in a society where men would boldly stand up for what was good and right and stand against evil.

What has it come to? We live in a land where homosexuality is accepted and the sanctity of marriage and the family has been destroyed. Babies are being killed everyday by the thousands. Men can boldly stand up and strategically plan and carry out great evil, despite the consequences, but are too cowardly to stand up for what is good, right and true for fear their reputation may be tainted. And sadly, many of us Christians are those cowards.

It has reminded me of a few books I would strongly recommend:
The Bravehearted Gospel by Eric Ludy
In His Steps by Charles Sheldon
Unfashionable: Making a Difference in the World by Being Different by Tullian Tchividjian

I am currently in the middle of reading In His Steps and it has challenged me to evaluate my Christian life. I have found myself to be very weak. How far am I willing to go? What am I willing to sacrifice? Am I willing to live in absolute obedience, no matter what the cost? These are difficult questions to answer but to be answered they must.

I'm very thankful for God's faithfulness and I know these are steps toward maturity in Christ. I know that He will provide the strength to stand up. May He ignite a passion in every one of us to live radical lives for the glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment