Monday 31 January 2011

Life Questions

I have lots of questions. And I want your help answering them. I've been pondering many things about life and I want to know what other people have to say about them. Most of these are in regards to my life at present. When it comes to making decisions, it's nice to know what other people have to say. I can't say I'll do what you think is best. I can't say I'll answer these questions myself, but I may attack some of them in a different article.

  1. Have you ever wanted to do something to serve the Lord, only to realize you can't devote the necessary time because of your current responsibilities? How did you deal with this? (Update: A fellow blogger was so kind as to answer this question on his blog here.)
  2. Do you ever have to say No to people when they ask you to do things? How do you do this kindly? How do you know what new activities/commitments to take up and what to leave? In other words, how do you know when to say No?
  3. I think I have a few readers who are single young women desiring to be wives and mothers one day. Once you're finished school, what is the best way to spend your in-between years?
  4. If you have a desire to upgrade your education, but don't have a lot of time or money to devote to it, what is the best way to do it? Are there any schools or programs that you recommend? Is there any merit in just researching and learning about anything that interests you on your own without a program?
  5. If you want to be able to generate an income from home while being a mom, what are some good things to look into? What are some good skills or credentials to acquire?
  6. Do you think reading is a productive way to spend your time, whether it be classics, literature, history, modern novels, spiritual growth books, etc.? Do you think you can grow as an individual and improve your character in this way? Is this a good way to learn? What are some kinds of books/titles you recommend?
Like I said, I have some ideas about these questions. These are a lot of the things I have been thinking about. Maybe as I draw some conclusions, I'll write about them more in depth. For now, I'd love your input, and that means ALL my readers. I know that it's harder when you don't know the details of specific situations, but I think there's still things to be said. I like advise from my peers, but I also really appreciate words from those who are older and have had more life experience. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I fall under the older, more experience category. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Kevin. And this is the part where you answer my questions.

    ReplyDelete