When we realize who God is and what Jesus has done for us, it makes anything He asks us to do appear a little smaller. Just think that the Creator of the entire universe loves and cares about you. Remember that the very Son of God left His throne, lived a pure, sinless life and died a cruel death for you. If you think what you're going through hurts, remember what He did for you. Look to the cross where He hung stripped, beaten, mocked, ridiculed and how the blood flowed from His wounds. All of this He endured for you. We have been purchased by a very great price.
When we go through difficult times, Satan loves to come in our point of weakness and remind us of all the filth and slime we have behind us. He loves to tell us how wretched and sinful we are and top it off with a load of guilt and shame. And so often we believe it, because apart from Christ, it's true. But in Christ, we see a very different picture. In Christ, I am:
- accepted, forgiven and blameless
- unconditionally loved
- held safe in His arms
- we are pure, sanctified and perfected
- God has created and redeemed me, called me by name and I am His (v.1)
- He is with me through water and fire (v.2)
- I am precious and honoured in His eyes and He loves me (v.4)
- I am created for God's glory (v.7)
- I am His witness and chosen servant (v.10)
- God is the LORD, Redeemer, Holy One of Israel, Creator of Israel, and King
- "Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." (v.18,19, ESV)
- God blots out my sins for His own sake and He will not remember them (v.25)
I have by no means gone into exhaustive lists here. I have merely scratched the surface, but I would love your feedback. Who are you in Christ? What promises do you cling to in difficult times? And I would also love to know who all my readers are, so please do come out of hiding.