Wednesday 26 December 2007

Something Interesting

Yesterday was really a great day. Some of us youth went to Jaffa and walked right through all the trails. Some areas were really icy, but the weather was beautiful and me and a friend had some wonderful discussions.

I came across a verse yesterday that I found really interesting.
1 Timothy 4:8
For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

First of all, please don't get me wrong; exercise is absolutely great. But, I find that often people (I'm not just speaking to guys here because girls are bad for it too) strive so hard to attain a particular level of physical strength. In many cases, it becomes an idol when they put so much energy into this. Godliness is so much more profitable. Yes, working out may contribute greatly to our physical health and length of life, but spending time in God's word will give you much longer life.

In closing I would like to leave you with one more verse.
1 Timothy 4:12
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment