Sunday 31 January 2010

Drawing Nearer

Life. It's one of those crazy adventures and it's real. Sometimes I don't understand it, actually, most of the time. The further I go along, the more I realize I don't know. It's like that for me now.

I find it interesting that the closer I draw to God, the more sinful I see that I am. I find myself wondering if I have made any progress over the last few years. But the thing is, becoming holy, purified, and godly is a nasty process at times. It means dragging everything out and exposing it for what it really is. It's about tearing off the outer, clean appearance and seeing all the filth underneath and cleaning it.

The closer to God I get, the more I see in my life that shouldn't be there, the more I see that needs to change, and rightly so. As we come into God's light and presence, it reveals any darkness lurking there. Not much is hid in a place of light, purity, and holiness. Sin and unrighteousness cannot hide; it can only be exposed for what it is. Then, as gold, we are put the fire and endure the painful purifying process.

This is what God does to us because we are precious to Him. He wants us pure, clean, clothed in white. We can look at Isaiah 42:3 and know that even though we are weak, God does not give up on us. He always remains faithful. Even though we don't always understand, He leads and guides us. He has promised never to forsake us.

As we go through life and feel the Lord's rod of chastisement, let us remember these things. He is purifying us because we are precious and He wants us as His spotless bride, clothed in purest white.

No comments:

Post a Comment